Paying Her Debt by Emma Shortt

Story: 7.5
Presentation: 7
Total: 14.5
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: Fired from the job she so desperately needs, Andy Jones is shocked to find a wallet stuffed full of cash. It belongs to none other than Alexander Ioannou, millionaire extraordinaire, and the man responsible for her firing.
Alexander comes looking for the woman he suspects of misappropriating not only his funds, but his grandmother's ring. He's shocked to find it’s the woman who has been haunting his dreams.

Rather than turn her in, Alexander thinks of more interesting ways for Andy to pay back her debt…
Review: I found the premise to the story delightful but there were some things that caused it to fall a little short for me. If you go into this one expecting a hero who is a dominating, pushy, high-handed stud then you will be thrilled. While the heroine, Andy, wants to tell him to shove it….she never really does.

Several editing issues with misspelled, missing words or the wrong word altogether. Incorrect punctuation is a variety of places through the story. Sentences that just read funny and seemed to have words in the wrong place. All of these made this story very hard to read at times.

Now, does that mean that I hated the story? No, I just think that there were things that could have been polished to really make it shine. I think that I would like to read more from Ms Shortt before I place her on my Must Read list J

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com