Love Immortal by Brita Adams

Story: 8
Presentation: 9
Total: 17
Publisher: Silver Publishing
m/m paranormal
To Purchase

Blurb: Born in 1620, Laurent Kinsdale, an orphan at ten and a vampire at twenty five, goes against all his sire has taught him, when, on an impulse, he turns his lover, Graham Symonds. Graham does not take the turning well, his anger towards the man he's loved for four years knows no bounds. After he commits unconscionable acts directed at destroying Laurent, he disappears for a century and a half.


In 1820, Laurent meets Sebastian FitzHugh. The two men have common sexual interests, each other, despite the fact that Sebastian doesn't know about Laurent's vampirism. Their lives are disrupted by the re-emergence of Graham, who insinuates himself in the middle of their idyll and forces Laurent to make a gut-wrenching decision that could tear his and Sebastian's world apart. Does he care for Sebastian enough to let him go or will he repeat the mistakes of his past?

Review: The historical feel of this story is perfection. The tone, sights, sounds and dialog all contributed to taking me back in time. There is nothing lacking in the sex and actions. The story grips and holds you and the characters become real as you read. It’s entertaining and certainly on par with Ms. Adams other works. What’s nice is when there is danger and action, I was reading as fast as my eyes could track across my ereader screen. And then the story was building between Laurent and Sebastian, I was tumbling into love with them. I especially loved the BDSM elements, leaning more toward the S&M. So lovers of m/m sex with bdsm elements are going to be pleased with this emotionally charged story. My only gripe was in the vampire elements. I wanted more of what it is like to be the vampire. I didn’t get much of the “bloodlust.” And for vampire lovers, it’s all about the bite. For me, this part didn’t deliver. But that is the only complaint in an otherwise fantastic read. This is excellent, solid storytelling. A book you can’t put down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I did keep the vampire elements at a minimum,given the agonies that being one caused Laurent.I wanted them to be secondary to the men themselves.

I am so happy you liked Laurent and Sebastian. They are two of my favorite characters that I've written. Thanks again.

Brita

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com