Leo's Crown by Lola Newmar

Story: 4
Presentation: 7
Total: 11
Publisher: Siren
Erotic Romance, Menage a Trois/Quatre, Shape-shifter, Western/Cowboys
To Purchase

Blurb: Scarlett Rose has just had the night of her life--seven sexy cowboy brothers rescued her from danger after she is pushed off a cliff's edge by someone she trusted. Problem is, Scarlett has developed amnesia from the trauma and can’t remember anything about the accident, including the mystery villain. And before she’s even gotten a chance to recover, she finds out her new lovers are Texas longhorn shape-shifters claiming to be her destined mates!

Now the twins and triplets must go off for a weekend, leaving her with the two oldest Lenox brothers, Leo and Byron. Leo is in charge of the Lenox family, and now, for the weekend, he’s in charge of Scarlett. She’s thrilled to learn a few lessons from the alpha, as together they explore another layer of Scarlett’s newfound sexuality.
NOTE! You are purchasing Siren's newest serialized imprint, the LoveXtreme Forever Series. This is Book 2 of 9 in the Scarlett Rose and the Seven Longhorns collection. These books are not stand alone. Each is a continuation of the previous book and must be read in the numbered order. Each book may end on a cliffhanger but usually with a happy-for-now for the heroine and one or more men. The final book contains a happily forever after for the heroine and all her men.

Review: Let me start out by saying I didn’t get the “note” when selecting this book for review. So I didn’t know that I’d be lost in the story from page one. So going in I have to tell you that I felt as if I read a story with no beginning and no end since this is only the second book in the series and nothing was resolved by the end of the story except that Scarlett likes sex and her men, and while stating that they care about her, their sex needs come first as well. So I would guess by the end of (I believe 9 book series) I’m sure we’ll know they really are made for each other. All of them.

To be fair this is Siren’s hottest of the hot books. There is sex on every other page and yum, that’s a good thing for us readers that love our stories with a lot of heat. However for as much as I like a sexy story, this one didn’t work for me. The story was simply words on the page. I didn’t care for the characters; I truly don’t know them. I’m given a name, but little to no depth to let them become “real” in my head. It seems what I did glean from the words on the page was convoluted. The story was all over the place. It’s just under 25K but for me it was a struggle to finish and felt a lot longer.

This book has intrigue and deception but at the end of the story, it read as almost an afterthought, I can guess who poisoned Scarlett in a way straight out of Snow White. Scarlett is called sleeping beauty, and I admit I chuckled that there is a Scarlett and a Rhett like Gone With the Wind.

I’ve been a little rough on Leo’s Crown (which I don’t understand how the title fits in with the story) but Lola does have talent as a writer. I’d love to read a story that has a definite start and a clear ending with lots of sex between the pages, because the “section of chapters” packaged as a book didn’t work for me in this instance. I got an installment and didn’t enjoy reading the book. I have read other series that were best read in order, but you could pick up a book without being lost in the story because there was a foundation. And at the end of Leo’s Crown there are too many unanswered questions that I’m not sure what the point of the story was except to show Scarlett having lots of sex.

In order to know this story you’ll have to read all in the series. The next book is Rhett and Scarlett so I’m sure by the end we’ll hear. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com