Grilled Cheese Please by Laura Werlin

Story: 10
Presentation: 10
Total: 20
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Cookbook
To Purchase

Blurb: Oooey, gooey ribbons of delectable melted cheese sandwiched between butter-crisped slices of sourdough, wheat, rye, and even focaccia and croissant, combined with favorite foods such as bacon, pequillo peppers, guacamole, seasonal veggies, caramelized onions, pears, herbs, and so much more—what is there not to love about the modern grilled cheese?


Review: All I can say about this cookbook is that it is a wonderfully fascinating and imaginative collection of the childhood favorite generously crafted for adults :) While I may have cocked my head at one or two of the combinations I am here to say that I did try a few and WOW!!! I will never think of this sandwich as ordinary again.

Trust me, I am not the only one in my family that enjoyed this collection...even though I was the only one who read it :) I found several that even my kids liked. Hubby, who is sometimes leary about trying new things told me he was very glad that I tried some of these. While I am not sure that I will make the gormet versions of my family favorite very often due to the cost of some of the cheese used, you can be sure that upon occasion I will be trecking to the deli to procure the ingrediants needed to surprise my loved ones with a few of these palate pleasing, gooey treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com