More Than a Mistress by Debra Glass

Story 9
Presentation 9
Total: 18
Publisher: Siren
Erotic Historical
To Purchase

Blurb: She knew she was playing with fire...and was eager to burn.

The very thought of an innocent young woman donning a man’s uniform and joining the Prussian Army is scandalous. But on the run from an arranged marriage, Erika von Ecker’s destitute circumstances have left her little choice. She expects to earn enough money to buy her way out of the marriage. She does not expect to fall in love with Gregor Altmann von Breidenbach, the handsome heir to a vast duchy.

Prussian law forbids Gregor to marry beneath his title, so he seeks to make the brash beauty his pampered mistress. Erika’s refusal only stokes a fire within that spurs them both toward ever-greater heights of sensuous abandon. But as war looms, Gregor realizes he must do anything in his power to get Erika out of harm’s way--even if it means making her more than a mistress.

Review: A story worth reading and reading again. Characters you wished you’d known, and after reading the book, you feel as if you do.

She endangers him, falls in love with him, will sacrifice all for him but in the end, can she save him? As her journey began, I knew I was reading something intriguing. The story captured my imagination, kept me riveted and scrolling the pages. I couldn’t wait until the next scene so I could catch my breath. But when the next scene began I realized the stakes had only increased and the tension thickened.

The sexual attraction between Gregor and Erika is thick from the beginning. But Debra didn’t rush the magic of their sacrifice—and their love does come with a high price. You’ll be swept into an epic historical romance that takes you from intimate private encounters, to the edge of your seat battle scene. The story made me warm, made me shiver and even made me cry. More Than A Mistress is a story I won’t soon forget.

1 comment:

Debra Glass said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of More Than a Mistress. This was definitely one of those 'from the heart' books. Of all I have written, Erika and Gregor are among my favorite characters. I have to admit, that when I go back to read the story again, I tear up myself. :-) Thanks again!

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com