Eostre’s Hare by Arlene Webb

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 16.5
Publisher: Shadow Fire
Historic ménage erotic romance
To Purchase

Blurb: Gwas can outrun a horse, knows how to hide and steal, but he's ignorant of the ways of men. The last thing he expects when he is rescued from a miserable existence by a blue eyed, blond haired angel is to be promised as a Druidic sacrifice to Eostre.


Maura knows Gareth is no angel but she adores him with a passion that time and loneliness can't dent. She opens her heart when Gareth brings her the abused orphan known only by his title, Gwas, meaning servant. The love between the three of them grows so strong Gareth will defy man and gods to embrace it.

The clash of old and new religions puts their lives in peril, but when hatred and murder confront enduring love, winter gives way to spring and a colorful myth is born.

Review: I admit, at the onset, I didn’t think I was going to enjoy Eostre’s Hare. I just had a hard time getting into the story. But that was a short feeling. I read on and am so glad I had the opportunity to read this story. There is depth and meaning in the simplest of actions. The love between Maura, Gareth and Harey is pure—but not easy.

Once I had a clear picture of what was happening and the characters involved, I was invested. They are all so tortured with what is expected and the fear of going after what they want. There was risk and redemption. Betrayal and self-sacrifice. Oh, it was all just so engaging. This is a story that is going back into my stack of TBR titles because I think the second time through I’m going to appreciate the strength of the foundation at the beginning. I can see that many aspects of the story might have been uncomfortable and hard for me to accept without the knowledge of where Maura, Gareth and Harey came from. The dynamics of their relationships grow through the story and what starts as a comforting and compassionate loves, blooms into a passionate and all-consuming need. This is one to pick up and read…then read again.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Thank you, so much, for this wonderful review.

Vivi Dumas said...

Great review. Congrats Arlene!

D L Jackson said...

Wonderful review, Arlene.

Barbara Elsborg said...

This is a lovely story. ALL Arlene's stories are great. I defy anyone to not love Harey when they have read this. Arlene's voice is unique and entertaining. I've read everything she's written and she's never disappointed!!!
Congrats,Arlene

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com