Audrey and Lawrence by Giselle Renarde

Story: 7.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 15.5
Publisher: eXcessica
Erotic Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: An affair is always easy in the beginning. There's plenty of steamy sex and getting-to-know-you. Everything is for now. Immediate gratification. No thought of the future.


That's how it starts for Audrey and Lawrence. Audrey's only concern is helping an unhappy man trapped in a sexless marriage revive the virility of his youth. That approach doesn't last long. As her affection builds, she wants more than she can have, and more than Lawrence is willing to give.

Over the course of twelve breathless stories, Giselle Renarde's famous femme fatale tips from the lofty realm of youthful adoration into the dark pit of jealous love. Will her behaviour get out of hand when the affair grows beyond her heart's control?

This complete collection includes all twelve Audrey & Lawrence stories, many of which make their premiere appearances in this special compilation. Contains the stories:

Kiss the Cook
Sweet Tooth
The Maelstrom
Questions of Ultimate Concern
Mistress Audrey
Nuit Blanche
Marry Me
Burgundy Ropes and Voltaire
The Burden of Knowing
Breaking Up from Behind
Running in Circles
Shoot Niagara

Warnings: This title contains graphic descriptions of sex, graphic language, anal sex, sex toys, bondage and domination.

Review: Okay, so all in all, in an odd sort of way, I liked this collection. Though for me it was more like one story than a bunch of small ones.
 
At times, I wanted ti slap the snot out of Audrey for the "I love you, I hate you. Leave. No, Stay!" BUT, their relationship, as adulterous as it was, lasted for years. She LOVED Lawrence. I totally got that. I felt bad for her when Lawrence would dangle "hope" in front of her only to snatch it back and basically say "never mind" and as tumultuous as their relationship was at times, I still enjoyed the journey with them.
 
It's interesting and enjoyable to be able to watch a character grow. I believe Ms Renarde captured TRUE emotions that can surface in this type of relationship and I applaud her for her ability :)
 
Be advised that some of the sexual language and descriptions are a bit crass, but not over used. There were a few times when I wondered if a French to English dictionary would have been helpful so I could have understood everything Audrey said, but those spots were not really in conversation but usually during the throes of passion or fits of anger. ;) Even without a dictionary I think I can get the gist of what she was saying ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com