My Best Friend's Dad by J.M. Snyder

Story: 7
Presentation: 9
Total: 16
Publisher: eXcessica
m/m Contemporary

Blurb:I had the worst crush on Mikey Pierce's dad. As excited as I was to graduate high school and go away to college, what I looked forward to more was returning home a grown man who might fit in with the guys Mr. Pierce invited over for poker at his place. Whenever I spent the night at Mikey's, I always wanted to join in their game.

The week before leaving for college, I stayed at Mikey's one last time. While Mr. Pierce and his buddies gambled, Mikey and I stole a couple of beers and watched movies upstairs. By the time it was my turn to sneak downstairs to get more drinks, the card game was over and I thought all the visitors had left.

But Mr. Pierce was in the dining room. He wasn't alone. The man in there with him owed Mr. Pierce a couple hundred bucks from playing cards, and I had a ring-side seat as he paid up.

Warnings: This title contains graphic language, male masturbation, voyeurism, and gay sex (oral and anal).

Review: Oh what a treat Me Best Friend’s Dad is to the voyeur in all of us. Great characters, hot, tummy tugging anticipation and just the right amount of follow through. I had vivid descriptions and insight to the development of the characters, a fun storyline, and an ending that left a smile on my face.

However, I have to warn you. As much as I loved My Best Friend's Dad, my enjoyment didn’t begin until after the first ten pages. In fact if I had scored the book after the first ten pages, the book would have gotten a much higher mark for story. I found the details in the first ten pages more than disturbing. I prefer not to read characters, even characters remembering their first love, not to be in kindergarten fantasizing about their classmate’s dad. To sexualize a six-year old is inappropriate and not sexually appealing. J.M. just about killed the story for me and I wasn’t sure I wanted to continue.

However, I did continue on with the story, (not just because I am reading, knowing that I will offer a review, but because this is not my first story from J.M Snyder and I have enjoyed past works) So I read on, not really sure if I could find redeeming storytelling after the rough start. But the story does become fun, hot and deliciously naughty. So breeze through the beginning and get to the heart of the story where not only was the story redeemed, but I felt each breath, each flair of arousal and the ache of wanting the unattainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com