Smuggler of the Heart by JoAnn Carter

Story: 8

Presentation: 9

Total: 17

Publisher: White Rose Publishing

Inspirational Romance

To Purchase

Blurb: Disheartened and tired, Samantha Warren returns to Vermont during the winter break. Her passion for history rekindles after finding an old smuggler’s chest hidden in her grandparents' attic. Will she be able to return to New Jersey without her heart being smuggled like the chest once was? Or is it already too late?



Review: Have you ever read an Inspy that touched you so, that it left goose bumps and a warm soft feeling in your chest? This is one of the few that made me feel that way. The way the author expressed the heroines feeling's in her prayers to God left me with a wonderful ache.

This short story is just enough, at 37 pages, to whet your appetite and give you warm fuzzies about the relationship with the Lord and His place in your life and heart.

For me the romance, while there, took second place to Sam's search for a renewed faith. Not a Happily Ever After, but a Happy with the Promise for the Future, it was enough and I still felt the story itself was a worthwhile read. Thank you to Ms Carter, a good Inspy is hard to find sometimes and yours qualifies :)

3 comments:

Donna B said...

I agree wholeheartedly. She hits on some truths that I believe apply to all of us so the connection is very real as well as the personal message to the reader.

Wonderful story!

JoAnn said...

Thank you for reviewing my short story and for your thoughtful words. As I peeked at some of your other reviews, I realize this might not be a book you’d normally pick up. I feel doubly honored that you took the time to read mine.

I started out writing the book with romance in mind, but when I actually visited Smuggler’s Notch, the beauty of the place made it so much bigger. When you said that it’s enough to make you consider “the relationship with the Lord and His place in your life and heart” you could not have said anything more special! That was exactly what I experienced as well.

Romance Reader said...

JoAnn, LOL Yes a vast majority of our reviews are erotic, HOWEVER....I LOVE a good Inpirational romance! When I started SR I wanted to review the books that I like to read and that list includes a wide variety of genres. We also have some SWEET titles that have been reviewed here. For me, good writing is good writing no matter the genre, and I know there are readers out there who feel the same. I am thrilled that my review met with your aproval. Your story touched me very deeply and left me feeling warm and fuzzy all over. He plays a big part in my life and I owe all I am and all I have become to Him for guiding me. Thank you for sharing your story with the world :)

Romance Reader

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com