Learning to Drown by Sommer Marsden

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 16.5
Publisher: eXcessica
Contemporary Erotic BDSM
To Purchase

Blurb: Ember is into the whole abduction scenario. She tries and tries to coach her boyfriend Damien in the fine art of being her abductor and sexual tyrant. It's not working. One night, while locked in his truck's tool box, she's towed from Damien's property. Lucas Crow, freelance repo man and all around growly dominant, rescues her from her self-imposed prison. He even takes her home, feeds her and gets her cuffs off when it becomes evident that Damien is not coming to her rescue.


Taken with Ember and her story, Lucas gives her a choice. Stay in her unhappy relationship and play 'games' (basically dominating Damien by dictating his behavior) or stay with him as his 'captive' and learn what true surrender is. It's like learning to drown, giving up to get where you want to be. Ember is eerily taken with this man and his quiet and sure ways. The more she discovers the more she wants to discover. Like his history, his back story, where that sexy scar in his eyebrow came from.
Review: Oh Sommer, what a naughty girl you are. Let me start by saying that I am a HUGE Sommer fan. Have been since I read Bittersweet and it has not really slacked any since.

With that in mind you should know that when I started reading this one I was a bit worried that it might be just a bit too much for me, but in true Sommer style, she was able to pull me back and suck me in. Brutal, bitter, borderline. Sweet, sympathetic and brazen. This story will NOT be for everyone. Even fans of erotic romance, erotica and heavy BDSM lovers might think this one a bit too edgy. While I may not have the same sexual desires as the heroine, the emotion in this story was….emotional. I felt the pain and the confusion. I wanted it to end for both of them…all of them.

Sommer is one of those writers that can create a symphony on the pages and even if you aren’t a lover of classical music you may still find yourself closing your eyes and letting the beauty of the melody wash over you.

This story, along with all her others, has definitely sealed the deal. I will read ANYTHING that Sommer Marsden EVER writes!!!! She is just that damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com