Steamed by Allie Standifer and Desiree Holt

Story: 7.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 15.5
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Contemporary Erotic
To Purchase

Blurb: Book 4 in the Turn Up the Heat series.

Kira Jacobs is sick of always being the bridesmaid, never the bride. Sick of dating hot studs who have no more depth than the water in her sink. She’s determined to find a lasting meaningful relationship with a mature, suit-wearing man. But her goofy, stay-at-home neighbor sends her all kinds of hot signals.

Grant Havers left the high finance rat race after having a heart attack at thirty-eight. He’s done with living up to everyone’s expectations but his own. It’s time to go after what he wants. What he wants most is sexy Kira. He’s convinced her to try him out in bed, but she’s determined to leave it as sex only.

Review: I have been reading the works of this duo for a little while now, so this is not the first of their stories for me. Aside from a few places that tweaked a personal icky for me, it was pretty good. The sex was hot and there was plenty of it. The story and characters were easy to relate to. The plot was solid.

My only real issue, like I mentioned before, were only in a couple spots and it was just that for me personally I am not big on copious amounts of feminine fluid pouring into open mouths and descriptions of curly pubic hair glistening. In my mind it doesn’t paint a pretty picture, but again that’s just me and it was only in a few spots.

As for the story, like with any of the other works I have read from this pair, it was cute. Hot and totally enjoyable. I liked his motivation and reservations and I thought that she handled the situation very well. A story like this one is one that I haven’t seen too often and I enjoyed that HE has reservations about how she would handle his problems. Made for a very REAL hero. NICE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com