The Heir by Grace Burrowes

Story: 9
Presentation: 9
Total: 18
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Historical
To Purchase

Blurb: An earl who can’t be bribed...


Gayle Windham, earl of Westhaven, is the first legitimate son and heir to the duke of Moreland. To escape his father’s inexorable pressure to marry, he decides to spend the summer at his townhouse in London, where he finds himself intrigued by the secretive ways of his beautiful housekeeper...

A lady who can’t be protected...

Anna Seaton is a beautiful, talented, educated woman, which is why it is so puzzling to Gayle Windham that she works as his housekeeper.

As the two draw closer and begin to lose their hearts to each other, Anna’s secrets threaten to bring the earl’s orderly life crashing down—and he doesn’t know how he’s going to protect her from the fallout...
Review: I am a sucker for a well written regency :) I can't help it, there is just something so romantic and lovely about the time.

The Heir is definitly a book that I found engaging. Tipping the scales at 450 pages, I started reading this one about midday and found that I was having a really hard time putting it down at bed time even though my eyes were screaming for sleep :) Now that is the mark of a great story! The characters were easy to like and relate to. The plot and story line was easy to follow but interesting enough to keep my attention. All in all this was a very well put toghether book that deservers more props than I can give it.

There is no doubt in my mind that regency lovers the world over will find this story a refreshing sip of lemonade in the stark heat of summer. This is most certainly a story that will be on my keeper shelf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com