Through My Window by Jayne Rylon

Story: 8
Presentation: 9
Total: 17
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Contemporary Erotica
To Purchase

Blurb: “Through my window, a sea of strangers swirl and retreat like waves in an ocean of humanity. I brush my hair, fix my makeup and flip on the glaring red light in my booth before turning to face my audience on the other side of the glass.”

For Star, this is another night on the job, though no two are ever alike. Adaptable and perceptive, she becomes many things in the course of one evening—whore, lover, nurse, psychologist and friend. But above all, she’s still a woman. Join her, through her window.

Review: Intriguing, captivating, sexy, and different. Through My Window was a glimpse into Star’s life. The encounters were well-written and each distinctive but it was the last encounter that resonated with me, the reader. The only story that really gave me tummy tugs as I read.

This isn’t a story as in a beginning, middle or an end for a couple of characters. It’s a night in the life of a prostitute. It’s brilliantly written with a style and flavor unique to Ms. Rylon. The words smoothly slipped off the page like sipping fine wine. For a topic that could be gritty and seedy, it wasn’t. Star’s perspective on her place in the world isn’t raucous, rather she sees the beauty she brings into her customers life. This is a short story worth picking up. A pleasure to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com