Sleepy Hollow Dreams by Taryn Kincaid

Story: 6
Presentation: 9
Total: 15
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Paranormal Erotic
To Purchase

Blurb: Is he the man of her dreams…or her worst nightmare?

All Katy Lyndhurst wants is a normal suburban Sleepy Hollow life, despite the strange things that keep happening to her. Blistering hot erotic dreams bleed into her waking hours, making her yearn for her dream lover to materialize. When her sexy dream voyager, Ryck, shows up in the flesh and ignites her steamiest passions, she wonders if he's a sultry fantasy conjured by her fevered brain…or something much more dangerous?

Centuries ago, a wicked succubus cursed Ryck Van Winkle to fulfill the desires of sleeping women while unable to take pleasure himself. Only Katy possesses the power to break the spell and awaken him. But Ryck’s defiance sparks the demon’s fury, causing supernatural portals to crumble and allowing demonic minions to threaten Katy and her world.

Now Katy and Ryck must battle the forces of darkness together. But will Ryck will be trapped forever in her Sleepy Hollow Dreams?

Review: I liked the spin on several of the classic fairytale characters and their part in the story. The plot was interesting but at times I felt confused. There were a couple of sections where the heroines actions just didn’t seem to mesh with her internal thoughts and I had to read those parts several times but am still not sure I “got it” the way the author intended.

If I overlook those parts and focus on the rest then I would have to say that I enjoyed it. All in all there was about 50-50 that I got opposed to what I didn’t. Perhaps I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind to fully embrace all the aspects. I think this is one that I will be reading again if only to try on a different day to see if it clicks for me.

As for the characters, the sex and the descriptions, there were vivid and rich with detail. One aspect of the story that I really liked no matter what :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com