One Last Vice by Emma Hillman

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 17.5
Publisher: eXcessica
Erotic contemporary Romance, Rubenesque
To Purchase

Blurb: Chloe’s boss has gone crazy. She’s been his PA for years and has always known about his wild streak but this beats it all! Now he’s asking her to have sex with him. And why? Because he’s just stopped smoking and he needs to keep busy in order to fight cravings. What the hell, right?

It doesn’t help that she’s been in love with him for years. And as she finds herself unable to say no, she braces herself for the broken heart she’s sure will follow.

What she doesn’t know however is that James has a hidden agenda…


Review: I have to admit, in the beginning I wasn’t feeling the love for James. I found him indulgent and rude. I wanted to smack him. Oh wait I’m reading Emma and yep, her characters will pull real emotions while you’re reading her stories. Chloe surprised me. I think we’ve all been in a place where we do things we normally wouldn’t for love. She’s been in love with James and while he’s asking her for services above and beyond her job description, he’s finally wanting her in the way she’s wanted him. But you also feel her hesitation. To want to give but yet knowing the cost will be too high. About the time I was cheering her for getting strong enough to know she couldn’t give James more, James went off and proved he’s not such a schmuck.

I found the dichotomy in their personalities refreshing. I felt the emotional ups and downs right along with both James and Chloe. Another solid story from Ms. Hillman who has become one of my favorite authors.

2 comments:

Emma Hillman said...

I really appreciate how you understand what I'm trying to do with my books and characters, so a big thank you!

KyAnn said...

I love Emma books too!!

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com