Made To Order by Johanna Riley

Story: 7.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 16.5
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Sweet Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: The Flower Basket


Between running a diner, refereeing her employees, and pretending she’s not in love with best friend Todd Chambers, Shelby Winters has enough on her plate. But when she receives flowers from an anonymous admirer and dinner invitations from her other best friend, Kevin Grady, she can’t pass up the tempting opportunity to infuse her life with a little fun. Unfortunately, her new life is alienating Todd. Is Shelby’s new joie de vie enough to give her the courage to confess her true feelings? Or will her inherent shyness leave her at a table for one?

Review: This one really started out with a bang. I was introduced to the characters and like them instantly. Then comes chapter 4, I get left going…huh? How in the world did she put two and two together? I was totally in the dark as to how she figured out what Kevin was doing. Then there was a mention of Todd and when was he going to realize he was in love with her….While I know he is, SHE doesn’t or at least has never said where I the reader can understand where she is coming up with these conclusions.

There was sooooo much that could have been expanded on so I wouldn’t have felt half blind while reading the story. Kevin, Todd and Shelby were all fantastic characters, but I always felt like I was only getting half a glimpse of them and the story.

In the end, while I loved the way the story worked out…just as I knew it would, I was left with an incomplete feeling. One that really, really wants to know more about the why’s and how’s.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a HUGE Flower Basket series fan. I have read them all and will continue to do so. Ms Riley came up with a story and plot that I am a huge fan of….friends to lovers can’t be beat for me. The story for me is like Swiss cheese, delicious and bright, complete in every way…even with the holes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com