Primal Instinct by Helen Hardt

Story: 4
Presentation: 7.5
Total: 11.5
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Erotic Paranormal
To Purchase

Blurb: The Rocky Mountains are the perfect place for Erin Monroe to contemplate life as a permanent single—until she meets Nick Foster and Landon Kay. One dark, one blond, both gorgeous--they saunter toward her as though they're used to getting exactly what they want. And they want Erin. The primal attraction is hard to resist and instinct tells her to let them have their way. But are these sexy creatures truly what they seem?

WARNING: This title contains: explicit language, anal play/sex, and ménage a trios (m/f/m).
Review: If I said I was a bit disappointed I wouldn’t be lying. I have read several works by Ms Hardt and have come to expect certain panache with her writing. This one just didn’t work for me.

I got no tummy tugs, no twinges, no tingles. Not sure why but I just didn’t. The story was rushed. I didn’t care about the characters at all and the sex, while fully described in vivid, dirty detail was not titillating for me.

I was shocked that I felt nothing as I have with her other stories and saddened at the loss. Will this have any bearing on reading her future works? Not a bit. I believe this to be a fluke that just didn’t work for me personally.

The sex starts from the get go and I literally had no time to know anything about the characters. I suppose had I known this was EROTICA and not touted as Erotic ROMANCE I might have felt differently, but I went into the story with a certain expectation of what I would get…and didn’t get it.

As for the warning, yes, all of these things are in this story....and then some. As a pretty sexual woman, I still found myself cringing at one sexual act in the story.

1 comment:

Helen Hardt said...

Thank you for taking the time to read and review Primal Instinct. Unfortunately, not all stories work for everyone. I'm so glad you've enjoyed my other works and am happy that you're going to keep reading :).

Helen

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com