Emma and the Vampires by Wayne Joesphson

Story: 8
Presentation: 9
Total: 17
Publisher: SourceBooks
Historical Vampire
To Purchase

Blurb: In this hilarious retelling of Jane Austen’s Emma, screenwriter Wayne Josephson casts Mr. Knightley as one of the most handsome and noble of the gentlemen village vampires. Blithely unaware of their presence, Emma, who imagines she has a special gift for matchmaking, attempts to arrange the affairs of her social circle with delightfully disastrous results. But when her dear friend Harriet Smith declares her love for Mr. Knightley, Emma realizes she’s the one who wants to stay up all night with him. Fortunately, Mr. Knightley has been hiding a secret deep within his unbeating heart—his (literal) undying love for her… A brilliant mash-up of Jane Austen and the undead.


Review: Nice :)  Mr Josephson has done a totally rocking job with this story. Definitely not your everyday vampire read and I have to say that I was happy that I am the one who got to read it :)
 
I was pleasantly surprised with this retelling, as so many before have just left me wanting. Mr Josephson put a definite spin and freshness to an old story and made it really pop for me. Wonderful job sir, my hats off to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com