Second Act by Barbara Huffert

Story: 5.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 13.5
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Erotic Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: Martin Binks has made it big in Hollywood but there’s something missing from his life. When he heads back to his hometown to regroup, he finds it in his high school pal, Josie, now a grown woman with curves in all the right places.


Josie Weston is thrilled when Binks walks back into her life. Not admitting her feelings for him was the one regret she’s always had. She was too timid to act on her fantasies when they were younger, but now…

Review: While I thought that the premise for this story, a friends to lovers which I love, was good the execution just wasn't there for me.

The characters lacked anything special that made me WANT to get to know their story. The sex, while hot, didn't scorch. I think that the story had a lot of potential that just wasn't really tapped into. I have read other works by this author, this was just not a great representation of her ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com