Something Worth Fighting For by Lena Matthews

Story: 7
Presentation: 8
Total: 15
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Erotic Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: No good deed goes unpunished… And no one knows that better than Tisha Nichols, who, out of the kindness of her heart, agrees to style the hair of her nine-year-old neighbor Cami, so the little girl can look good for picture day. Unfortunately, Cami’s adoptive Uncle is far from grateful. In fact he’s down right livid…and far too attractive for Tisha’s peace of mind.


Love thy neighbor… Is easier said than done, especially when the neighbor in question is a sexy little spitfire who gives even better than she gets. Although Jonah is not the type to say he’s sorry, even he can admit when he’s wrong. But the ongoing fight to win custody of Cami has made him cautious and mistrustful of people, even those as desirable as Tisha.

What starts as a misunderstanding turns out to be one of the best things to ever happen to them. Unfortunately, not everyone is as thrilled, and Jonah and Tisha must decide if their newly formed family is something worth fighting for.

Review: First I want to say that the plot of the story was great. The author did a fantastic job creating a real-to-life situation that is more common than most of us wish. Family issues can suck, even more so when a child is involved.

Second, though I usually do not like to see children play such a major part in an EROTIC story, the story would not have worked had she just been on the side line and I totally get that. I am glad Ms Matthews crafted this tale the way she did. I was connected with the characters from the word go.

Third...yeah...I have to say that there was some dialog that for me just didn't jive. A character using super slang then speaking proper English. I didn't really connect with her because I never really got a good feel on what she was like. That's ok though because she was a secondary character. But even with that, some of the dialog between main characters for me just didn't make sense and at times I felt a little lost.

All in all, not a bad story, one I would recommend, but surely not one you would want to just fly through or you will miss things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com