Intensity by Berengaria Brown

Story: 4
Presentation: 8
Total: 12
Publisher: Siren
Contemporary, Ménage, Paranormal (M/M/F)
To Purchase

Blurb: Amos, Wesley and Keziah have been bed partners for a while. Amos and Wesley want Keziah to move in with them and become a permanent partner but she has refused, wanting to be independent. Then she stands up for her friend and loses her job.


Amos and Wesley convince her to move in with them and plan to screw her insensible to make her want to stay. But chaos erupts at the company board meeting as Amos’s incompetent father tries to use the ménage as a weapon to take control of the company from Amos, so Keziah decides the only solution is for her to leave. And the ghost has his own agenda…

Review: I’m really not sure what this story wanted to be—erotic contemporary? Romantic suspense? Paranormal? It has a little of everything, but in doing so lost some of the cohesion. For the erotic part of the story: There is abundant amount of sex- I love that. But the sex was mechanical, sometimes abrupt, and not varied in execution. Sadly I didn’t feel any tummy tugs in this story and those are the best part of erotic romance. Well-written sex is a turn on and I wasn’t turned on.

Also the setting was difficult to imagine. The author attempted to give us varied locations for the sex and the non-sex portions of the story, but I never truly saw what was only given rudimentary description. This includes the characters. The men have nice bodies and Keziah thinks she’s too much on the plump side, and there were some details to clothing, but physical descriptions, facial expressions, and those little nuances that paint vivid imagery were not present.

The paranormal: There is a ghost in the story that if anything weighs the story down. I didn’t understand why the author didn’t just stick with the family angst (the romantic suspense, corporate takeover plot line) as the reasons for Keziah to fear public knowledge of their threesome. So we have this ghost that has a paragraph here or there. A scene or two and no real merit for the story. I’m sorry, I just didn’t get it.

This book was disappointing because there was a lot of potential between Amos, Keziah and Wesley. I think I would have enjoyed the story more if the focus would have remained on these three. Wesley and Amos have an established connection. Figuring out how Keziah will fit in their committed threesome was the most entertaining part of the story. I will say that I popped over to the authors website and see she has more stories coming soon. Just because this story didn’t work for me, there were simply too many elements that the story was lost in the mix, I’ll check out future works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com