When You Least Expect It by Sandi Hampton

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 17.5
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Historical

Blurb: Marissa Coulter wants answers and will travel across the wilderness to find them. But when she arrives in Dry Gulch, ready to confront the father who abandoned her, she’s met by disturbingly handsome lawman Quinn Brady who has accusations of his own. When her father dies and leaves his ranch to Quinn, Marissa must decide if she can love the man who stole her birthright.

Nobody should die alone. That’s why Sheriff Quinn Brady sent for Marissa when her father lay dying. When he inherits Coulter’s ranch, Quinn must convince Marissa that her father only wanted to protect her from cut throats who’d steal it from her. Quinn doesn’t want the ranch—he wants her.

Review: Have you ever picked up a book and for whatever reason it just worked for you? Whether it was the characters, the plot, the writing or maybe just a combination of all the above? This was one of those for me.
I love historicals. They are what I cut my teeth on in the romance world and they are still among my favorites. The wild west, rugged lawmen and heroines who are strong and sexy. Ms Hampton pulled all these elements together in this wonderful tale and left me with a smile on my face and a good feeling in my heart.
Great job, Ms Hampton, I will be looking for your name in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com