Double Trouble by G.A. Hauser

Story: 7
Presentation: 9
Total: 16
Publisher: Phaze
M/M Erotic
Blurb: Identical twins Donny and Danny Rothschild are never at a shortage to have sex with men, but Donny has grown bored with casual flings and craves a challenge. So the brothers make a bet: to be the first to find, seduce, and conquer a straight man.
Pretending to be the same person, Donny and Danny seek out their macho heterosexual male prey into their bed to use and enjoy. Yet neither brother could predict the anger, jealousy, and emotion that comes with such an unwholesome game. When loving devotion between the twins changes to a competition and venomous fury, the odds become stacked against them and the bond that connects them is stretched to the breaking point.
Which is strong, the connection they have shared since birth or the yearning to become independent and successful and in love with the perfect man, regardless of the consequences?
Review: Had I not known what I was getting with this story, I think I would have hated Donny and Danny. As readers, we loved flawed heroes on a journey to discovering life, love and personal worth. I felt Danny and Donny crossed the line several times and their behavior was beyond reckless and bordered on illegal.

But I did know what I was getting because the blurb accurately describes the story. That fact and that I love Ms. Hauser’s work kept me reading and hoping for redemption for Danny and especially Donny. And I wasn’t disappointed.

About the story-- I really disliked the immaturity of Donny and Danny and there were a few times that I thought men who fight like five year olds are too juvenile to be characters in an erotic novel. Those passages aside, there was growth for the characters. Pete and Bruno deserved better than what Danny and Donny initially offered. Ms. Hauser did a fabulous job of bring both characters full circle by the end of the story. I think Donny showed the most growth, which is a good thing, because he was the more broken of Danny and Donny. When Donny acknowledges his growing friendship and attraction to Bruno I felt every emotional tug right along with him. And that he was willing to lose everything to prove he was worthy of Bruno’s love and trust, I breathed a sigh of relief. But I have to say, even during these moments of growth, he was still underhanded and manipulative. But I don’t think it was reasonable to assume he could make that much of a turn around in the span of a few days.

By the end of the story, Danny shows he has a backbone and is able to go after what he wants. I was thrilled to see him get it all.
Double Trouble has a few bumpy spots, but at the end of the journey, I didn’t so much mind. The story was solid and leaves you with a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com