Serenity by D. Renee Bagby

Story: 8.5

Presentation: 7.5

Total: 16

Publisher: Samhain

Fantasy Romance

To Purchase

Blurb: Their uneasy alliance could lead to love—if the demon will allow it.
A Gezane Universe Novel
Melchior, King of the Bhresyas, is quickly growing tired of the war between his kind and the humans who view them as demons. He proposes a peace treaty with the most powerful human kingdom. His only stipulation? Once she comes of age, the human queen’s daughter must be his bride.
Serenity has spent her entire life preparing for her role at Melchior’s side. Other women might be frightened, but she embraces her destiny, knowing in her heart that she and Melchior have been twined together by fate.
While he wants cooperation between their two peoples, his union with Serenity cannot and should not lead to love. The more she tries to bring them together, the harder he pushes her away—until she lands in the arms of those who would do her harm.
Love is the answer. But before Melchior admits to his, it may be too late.
Author’s Warning: This title contains cursing, a sociopathic heroine, horny males and copious amounts of gratuitous violence.



Review: As a reader I don't normally grab a fantasy book. Not my norm. That being said I must tell you that this particular story made my tummy swoop, my blood drain from my face and left me aching for the characters. I LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so drawn in by Serenity and the things she was feeling, so invested in her character that I rooted for her even when I felt she was acting a bit childish (Though after you read this you will probably understand) I must admit there was one male in particular I was rooting for through the book, and most of the time it wasn't the hero, though he did redeem himself finally. I felt bad for the other man and Hope that Ms Bagby finds it in her heart to give C. his own tale and love to find.

VIVID imagery only added to the delightful story-telling and this one will be read again, maybe in the very near future, by me.

*SNAPS* Ms Bagby, A total enjoyment and I can't wait for more :)

2 comments:

D. Renee Bagby said...

Glad you enjoyed it. And yes Chigaru does have a book planned, as well as Theyn.

~ Renee

Seriously Reviewed said...

I am thrilled to here it! I loved Chigaru!

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com