Guardians of Desire by Sahara Berns

Story: 6

Presentation: 8

Total: 14

Publisher: Eternal Press

Time Travel 50 Pages

To Purchase

Blurb: When Kendra is asked to join the Rift council, she must fight evil within her own life, ultimately deciding who lives and who dies. Will she choose the past and her father, or a future with the man of her dreams?Kendra is the quintessential girl next door. She runs a small bookshop in the center of Cape Town, lives in the suburbs with her mother, and nothing spectacular ever happens to her until her dream man, a tall dark Bond-like Englishman strolls into her store. And when an unusual earthquake strikes the heart of Cape Town, Kendra has no idea the event will disrupt more than just the city - her life is about to be thrown into turmoil.Mark Holby, the Rift Council’s crisis manager, runs a small group of elite operatives, who must ensure that the world’s historical timeline remains stable. Ever since science stumbled onto the Rift, groups have been travelling back in time to change history for their gain.Mark must recruit Kendra in order to help the group travel back in time, but in joining the group, Kendra will have choose between the death of her father and life with the man of her dreams.

Review: Let me start by saying that the story idea was solid. I feel this would have made a much better story if it had been longer. There was a lot of details I felt the author left out. Sometimes I found myself re-reading sections to make sure I understood what was going on, and questioning things that happened in other places because they seemed to just happen and there was no explanation as to why. I think there were twists with some of the characters, but they are never really revealed. It left me feeling a little like I was only getting to see part of the story and there was much that was being held back.

That being said, I still feel the story was a worth while read. It was intereasting and makes you wonder how things could be different with just a simple change. One small change can affect not only you, but many other lives.

At $3.95 I felt the book was worth it. Not one I will reread very often, if ever again, but definitly worth the time I spent with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com