Once Upon a Wicked Night by Jennifer Haymore

Story: 9
Presentation: 9
Total: 18
Publisher: Grand Central
Regency Historical Romance
To Purchase

Blurb: All of London looks forward to the Dowager Duchess of Clayworth's annual ball. For no matter how hard the serious society matron strives to host an elegant event, scandal always ensues . . .

Seven years ago it was a young Serena Donovan and Jonathan Dane who shocked the ton when they were discovered in a most compromising position. Tonight they return for the first time as the Earl and Countess of Stratford. And while Serena hopes for a quiet evening to introduce her younger sister Olivia to society, Jonathan's only desire is to pick up where he and Serena left off . . .

Though innocent Olivia secretly longs for the kind of passion her sister shares with her husband, none of the men she's met spark a fire inside her heart-least of all the notorious Marquis of Fenwicke. When his request for a waltz turns into something sinister, Olivia must use her wit and wiles to evade a powerful peer who vows if can't have her, no man shall...

Review: This is one of those that should be read in order for the best effect :)

This short story is a bridge connecting Confessions of an Improper Bride and Secrets of an Accidental Duchess as it will really help to set the mood...HOWEVER, if you are like me and start from the wrong end and work in reverse your not going to get the full effect:)

I still enjoyed the stories :) Had I read them in order I think I would have been hit with the full power of the authors amazing tale but alas it was like eating dessert first. I still enjoyed thhis course but since I already know how it ends I don't think I enjoyed it like I should have.

Now this isn't to say that this bridge wasn't well written or a great tale because it was. I just wish I had started with the first in the series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com