Choosing Love by Winona Wilder

Story 6
Presentation 9
Total 15
Siren Publishing
GBLT, Contemporary, Menage


To Purchase

Blurb: Coming Out 1

Cal has hidden his true feelings from Waylon for years, not willing to jeopardize their friendship. After a night of drunken passion, the truth finally comes out. While Cal learns to accept his true nature, Waylon is afraid to risk alienating his family. Will he live in denial or choose love?

With the help of their sexy history teacher, Evan, the three men learn that love has no boundaries. But are evenings filled with hot sex enough to forge a lasting ménage?

Note: This book contains physical abuse of the hero.

Review: I have mixed feelings when it comes to this story. I loved Waylon and Cal. The dance around attraction and then finally opening up to more. But the middle of the book was a quandary of emotions for me. I found the path to incorporating Evan into their relationship odd. I found Evan’s behavior creepy and not at all believable. I didn’t enjoy the sexual journey between Cal and Waylon with Evan. The way Evan inserts himself between Cal and Waylon was too much of a stretch for me. There are some really hot sex scenes that titillate and tease. But I actually felt bad for Cal and lost some of my love for Waylon when Waylon and Evan have a good time without Cal. Throughout the story, I’d seen Cal as the link between all three and when Waylon and Evan screw without him, it felt like a betrayal. I suppose there are narrow minded bigots in every community, including university, but the immaturity of a minor secondary character and the blockheads on Waylon’s team almost pushed out of the realm of believability. All that said, the ending made up for the shortcomings. In the last pages of the book, my heart ached in wondrous ways. Even though I had issues with the story along the way, in the end Ms. Wilder made me a believer. I could see a future with Evan, Cal and Waylon. I loved the angst of coming out to family, of not hiding from love and taking what is needed in life to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com