Behind Locked Doors Book 3 by Emma Hillman


Story: 9.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 18.5
Publisher: eXcessica
BDSM, contemporary Erotic Romance

Blurb: When Thursday comes up with a plan to beat the new girl at her own game, she doesn’t realize nothing will ever be the same.

Oh, it works at first. She spends an amazing weekend with Scary, but what starts as a fun way to get her privileges back ends all too soon. When the other Masters point out that he’s keeping her to himself, that he needs to start following his own rules, Scary does something not a single one of them would have ever expected.

It spins everything out of control, and Thursday is left clinging for her sanity…and his love.

Review: This story was about as close to perfect as I could wish for. I’ve loved this series. I thought it was wonderfully titillating and I would encourage you to read the stories is order as the climatic third installment has greater impact knowing what Thursday and Scary have gone through to be together. The story builds with heart pounding intensity. There is so much risk to reward. Every action has a consequence and reaction. You read the story, devouring the words, knowing that Ms. Hillman is going to stomp all over your emotions, make you hot, make you gasp, make you want to scream and leave the knot of emotion twisting in your belly that tells you that you’ve read a story that is going to stick with you for a long time. I felt as if I were Thursday during the story and having finished the book, I ached a bit because I wasn’t going to have scary around anymore. And damn, but I want a scary for myself. He’s edgy, yet exudes sophistication. He’s powerful but can use such a tender touch you’ll tremble as you read. Okay, so you can probably guess that I now love Ms. Hillman as much as I love her characters because of a couple of bucks she offers such amazing entertainment with her books.

The story reads fast. The words flow with a smoothness that makes the moments that you’re in the story fly by. Her characters are richly described not only their physical descriptions, but you know them intimately. It’s a damn good book and one I will read again.

1 comment:

Emma Hillman said...

What an amazing way to start my Sunday. I don't know what else to say but...I love you too :)

I loved writing BLD3. It flowed so easily I knew it was going to be good, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it too.

As always, thanks for the great and insightful review. You have seriously made my day. Week. Month. All of the above!

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com