After the Storm by Kimberly Lee

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 16.5
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Historical
To Purchase

Blurb: When her father’s death leaves her in need of the protection of marriage, Miranda MacDonough travels from her home in Scotland to live in England with an aunt she hardly knows. There, she will learn everything necessary to make her into an acceptable society lady. The only problem is, the one man who makes her heart beat faster and her breath difficult to catch belongs to someone else.


Hugh Montgomery, the Duke of Thorpeton, has spent his life doing exactly what was expected of him, right down to the woman he is expected to marry, one chosen for him. What he hadn’t expected was to meet a woman such as Miranda, who will turn his world upside down and leave him torn between honoring his father’s dying wish or surrendering to his desire.
Review: Okay, so what started out as a little bit of a slow story for me soon raced along like a dog after a rabbit. Fast and furious in a crazy race to reach the end and the final prize.

This story was as good as I’d hoped when I read the blurb and requested to review it. As most of you know, I do not select a book for review unless it is one that I would be tempted to buy. This one totally rocked and I am so glad that I got to read it. The characters were well written and likeable…well, those that were supposed to be liked were and those who weren’t weren’t) Emotions ran rampant and were almost leaping from the pages.

While I wish that the Scottish burr had been a bit more consistent through the story, not over the top mind you but even just the consistent Scottish burr to a single word throughout would have kept me a bit more seated in my mind that she was Scot. As it is I got great lengths with no accent and a chunk of heavy burr spaced here and there. I understand why the author chose not to have the heavy accent present through the entire story, but I found my mind lending Randi an English accent more than the Scottish it should have been. So when I came across a section of dialogue where the accent was heavy I stumbled and suddenly in my mind she was speaking differently :) Made for an interesting movie in my mind…The actress changing accents throughout ;)

Other than that I really enjoyed this title and have to say that I would be happy to read more from this author in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com