The Truth About Vampires by Theresa Meyers

Story: 9
Presentation: 9
Total: 18
Publisher: Harlequin
Paranormal Romance
To Purchase

Blurb: All her life, Seattle reporter Kristin Reed sought her breakout story. She never thought she'd find it in the crimson lair of a real-life creature of the night. Kristin never believed vampires existed—until with dark brooding eyes and a decadent chocolate scent, Dmitri Dionotte called out to her….


Dmitri and his clan's true nature was cloaked in secrecy until a warring vampire order threatened their existence. Kristin was just the woman he needed. She couldn't resist their story…or Dmitri. Her blood pulsed hot and furious when he touched her, and with his kiss, all logic fled. But each night she spent with her vampire lover brought her closer to death and destruction. A death not even an immortal could triumph over.
Review: HOLY CRAP!!!! I have read a lot of vamp stories and I am always thrilled with a new spin. Ms Myers has totally nailed it with her view of vamps and their creation. I LOVED IT!!!

While these sexy beings retain a lot of the “traditional” qualities, there is something else in the way that Ms Myers pens them. Something dark and sexy. Mysterious and tempting. All I can say is “I want to know more about your vamp world :)”

The emotion, push and pull, and raw sexual power behind these characters leapt off the pages. Sucked in from the start, I found myself irked when I was pulled away by life and other pressing matters. I so did not want to stop reading. Why is it that petty things like potty breaks and sleep seem to interrupt me when I find a book that I just can’t get enough of? Drat them :)

So aside from the irritating need to be pulled away from this ubber kick ass tale, I was smitten from the beginning and really want more about this clan and those who dwell within. I think, IMHO, that this could make a really great series and feed the need for new, unique vamp stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com