Use Your Illusion by Jade Falconer

Story: 7.5
Presentation: 8.5
Total: 16
Publisher: Phaze Books
Contemporary M/M erotic
To Purchase

Blurb: Tanner can't help but lust after sexy football player Brent. But Brent's straight, or so Tanner thinks, so Tanner dresses like a hot girl to flirt with him at a party.

But Tanner is a little too convincing, and Brent really wants to get to know "her" better. When the truth is revealed, Brent isn't the only who is surprised.

Review: Jade penned a story that entertained, but left me with an uncomfortable feeling while I was reading. The blurb doesn’t mislead the reader. The story is based on deception, but Jade wrote it so well, that she made Tanner a bit unlikeable. But I imagine that was the point of the story. The sex is hot, but I felt for Brent in a way that I didn’t want to. I felt sorry for him. I wanted him to know what he was getting into and because I never knew his thoughts, I was only able to know what Tanner felt. In defense, he felt like shit for what he was doing but he could stop the deceit. In the end, the story comes full circle and the uneasiness is replaced with understanding and acceptance. But that won’t change how you feel while you’re reading. I still can recommend this book as a hot story that pulls you in. Books without angst and tension are usually boring. And Use Your Illusion is not boring at all. It evokes emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com