A Perfect Bride for Christmas by Dyann Love Barr

Story: 8
Presentation: 8
Total: 16
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: Alex King wants to follow the family tradition and marry his perfect bride on Christmas Eve. There’s one little hitch—Bianca dumps him at the altar. He wakes up in Vegas with a hangover, a ring on his finger, and in bed with his best friend,Zoe Hillman. She’s overweight and plain, nothing at all like his image of the perfect wife. So begins the shortest Vegas marriage in history.


Zoe loved Alex from the moment he walked through the law firm’s doors. He can charm the panties off any woman, but he’s never tried it with her. The chance to grab for the golden ring is within her reach until everything blows up in her face. Now, five years later she returns to Kansas City with triplets in tow and a brand new look. Catering Alex’ next wedding should prove interesting

Review: I laughed so hard I thought I was going to split my pants during the first chapter :) Total WOMAN POWER!!!! Damn does she put both those guys in their place :) I know you are wondering what in the hell I am yapping about but if the author sees this review…or anyone who has read this book, they will get it :) And you? Well, your just have to read it to see :)

Now, on with the review. So, after a kick ass first chapter and a rocking next several…during which time I wanted to slap the crap out of more than one person….the story just kept moving along. There was a lot of flip flopping back and forth on Alex’s part. Zoe wants to be happy but puts her girls first as most parents would, and the brothers? Well they have their own stories :)

While I figured the ending would all work out and there were parts that seemed a little out of place in the story, I enjoyed it. Yes, it’s a look at me now story…kind of, but it works. Alex, even though he is a bit of a “man-slut” is hot and really wants to be a dad though I think he put up with Sydney way longer than he should have. Consequences be damned.

Everything worked out and all is well and right in the world again. Thank you Ms Barr. I enjoyed this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com