The Game in Spain by Lydia Nyx

Story 5
Presentation 8
Total: 13
Publisher: Noble Romance
Contemporary Gay Erotic Romance (m/m/m)
To Purchase

Blurb: In Madrid, Spain, during Carnival, gorgeous Spanish gymnast, Alejandro Salvador, leads his trainer, Gabriel, and his ex-boyfriend Sebastian on a wild and sexy chase through the streets. Promising the one who gets to him first gets him as their prize, he thinks he runs the game he's playing. Little does he know, the two men, both in desperate lust with him, will realize competition isn't necessary when they can have twice the fun working together.


Review: The Game in Spain had a great hook, but I wished I had enjoyed the story more. I felt like I was dropped into the middle of a scene without knowing what had happened up to that point. It was action packed and exciting, but confusing. I never really had a good grasp of the characters. The description of the surroundings was perfect. I could picture where they were just fine. I didn’t feel like I knew any of the characters, therefore I didn’t care about the passion between them when the sexual aspects of the story begin.

The sex is hot, but without feeling the romantic involvement, without the buildup from sexual tension, it was just words on the page. Ms. Nyx can write a hot love scene, but I want to feel it with the characters. This story failed to pull me in and therefore didn’t deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com