A Certain Pressure in the Pipes by Clancy Nacht

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 17.5
Publisher: Noble Romance
M/M Historical Steampunk
To Purchase

Blurb: Conrad Lloyd's father, Governor of an old west town, wishes his son wasn't so interested in inventing, or men, for that matter. It isn't until Conrad meets Ezhno, a Native American inventor, that Conrad thinks he can find sexual and intellectual fulfillment all in one man. Will they find their way together despite the societal and familial divide that threatens to keep them apart? Or will Conrad have to satisfy himself with his steam-powered Pleasuring Machine?


Review: A Certain Pressure in the Pipes was a surprise for me. I haven’t read much in the Steampunk genre and after reading this story, I’ll be picking up more. Historical meets futuristic. Add in some hot man on man action and campy humor and you have a story that I couldn’t put down. Conrad is a fantastic character. He’s a man gliding through life, knowing he isn’t like everyone else, but doesn’t truly care. I smiled while reading his story. I loved his relationship with his parents. It’s complicated but still so simple. While his preoccupation with men and sex caused constant anxiety for his parents, it made me chuckle. The flow of the story, the dialog, the action and inventions just worked for me.

If you haven’t sampled Steampunk romance, this was a fun story to try. I enjoyed it. And if you love manlove as I do, then this one is a treat as well. Hot men with a sex machine? Yep, sounded like a good time to me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com