By the Salt Salt Sea by R. L. Stuemke

Story: 7.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 15.5
Publisher: Hearts on Fire
Light Paranormal

Blurb: Shari is a fugitive, hiding from an abusive husband. Writer Gareth Maclachlan hires her to be his live-in housekeeper, and she joins him in his old lighthouse keeper’s cottage. Slowly, she begins to fall in love with her employer, but Gareth has a few strange habits that worry her. Because of her past, Shari can’t stop these new nightmares, especially when she finds she has miraculously managed to conceive a child. All her questions and fears rise up on one terrifying night: is Gareth really some kind of legendary, inhuman creature? What lengths will her husband go to, to get her back? And are there really shape-shifting monsters living in this quiet community?
Review: Though not quiet what I was expecting, I have to say that the premise of the story was cute. Complete with well thought out plot and characters, I found myself enjoying the book.
Even with some long areas of internal thought, I have to say that overall I enjoyed the read. A few twists and turns and a surprise or two at the end made the story complete for me :)

1 comment:

R L Stuemke said...

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm very glad you enjoyed the story.

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com