Always A Bridesmaid by Elaine Hopper

Story: 6
Presentation: 9
Total: 15
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Contemporary Sweet

Blurb: Hell has finally frozen over. After nine long years, Breanna Parker has come home to be her sister's maid of honor. Just her luck that the first person she runs into is her ex-fiance, Troy Youngwolf—the man who eloped with her ex-best friend and broke her heart. Now a widowed father and sheriff of their Florida home town, sexy bad boy Troy wants another chance and won't take no for an answer. However, every time Breanna looks at Troy or his little girl, her heart breaks anew. She can hardly wait for her sister to get hitched so she can escape back to her urban family in Ft. Lauderdale. The risk is too high that Troy may discover her most closely held secret, one with the potential to destroy them both…perhaps this time forever.
Review: As much as I love the premise to this story, ex-lovers who get another shot, I had a few issues with this one.
The Hero and the Heroine both displayed very negative qualities. As a woman, who has often wondered "what-if", I must say that if I ever had an ex who did to me what Troy did, a second chance would just not happen. Even if I decided to entertain the idea of a second chance his response to her "secret" would have killed it for me.
NOW, with me having expressed my feelings toward the characters I do have to say that the story kept me pulled in even though sometimes I felt like I was reading just to see if Brenna was going to slap Troy and tell him to bite a big one.
If you enjoy a read where the hero displays some non-hero-like qualities then you may enjoy this one. I just didn't feel connected to him or the heroine very much through the story and wish I had like them both a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com