Hidden Desires by Elizabeth Lapthorne

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 16.5
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Erotic

Blurb:Lily has to admit she’s desperate. She’s in New Orleans on a two week vacation, she made the trip especially for Mardi Gras, and she doesn’t have a mask! Everything she’s found seems wrong.
As a last-ditch effort, she enters a small shop and finds the perfect mask…until it shows her visions of herself getting ravished by a masked highwayman. When that highwayman turns up at the Mardi Gras bash, she knows the chemistry between them could only lead to one place.

The only thing that remains hidden between them is their true desires.

Note: Originally published in the Behind the Mask anthology.

Review: Though I found the hero a bit stalker-ish at one spot in the begining, with the steamy sex and explanation for his actions later I have to say that it didn't bother me too much :) All I have left to say about him is.....where can I get one? Any man who can deliver that many screaming 'O's deserves a medal :)

This is the first story from this collection that I have read so that probably explains why I didn't really jive with the section told from the masks POV but I think I will be searching out the others so I can better understand.

Overall both characters were likeable and the story had good flow. Ms Lapthorne created a buffet for the senses here and I would love to read more from her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com