Before the Moon Rises by Catherine Bybee

Story: 6.5
Presentation: 8
Total: 14.5
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Paranormal

Blurb: After a twelve-hour shift in a busy emergency room, Janet O’Brien is beat. Her last patient arrives unconscious and naked. She’s lead to believe he’s a psyche patient off his meds. However, once he awakens, Janet is charmed by his million-dollar smile and agrees to give him a ride home.
Werewolf, Max Ritter notices the sassy nurse when he wakes after a night under the full moon. Unfortunately, his archrival is drawn to Janet as well. In order to keep her out of harm's way, he opts to keep her close. When the chemistry between them sparks, Max discovers a completely new reason to keep Janet safe.

Review:When I read the blurb for this one I was excited. It really sounded good. Unfortunately for me it just didn't follow through as much as I would have liked.

Parts of the story just didn't make much sense and I had a hard time staying focused while reading it. I must say though that there were moments of brilliance here and there, but not enough to make up for the mute color of the rest of the story.

For me the best came toward the end. It was fast paced and action packed. I wish the middle had been more like the beginning and the end. I have read other works by this author and must say that though this one may not be her best work in my opinion, I still plan to read more by her

1 comment:

Catherine Bybee said...

Thanks for the review, SR.

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com