Widows Peak by Hanna Rhys-Barnes

Story: 6
Presentation: 9
Total: 15
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Historical Romance
To Purchase

Blurb: When a handsome young man falls from your tree, what can a lady do but take him home, fix him up, and fall in love.
If you’re an assassin on the run, do you risk your life for a chance at happiness? Or do you pass up the love of your life?


Review: There were moments of sheer brilliance in this tale......and others that seemed to drag on for eternity. A great premise that just couldn't keep me pulled in and engaged. The characters were wonderful and interesting. The time frame...I think there were some inaccuracies in the historical aspect, but if you aren't a history major then it probably won't bother you.

The idea of a well loved and respected widow and an on the run troubadour/assassin really sounded like a winner. Unfortunately for me, there was just a bit to much drudgery to keep the pace fresh and moving.

The authors ability to create a tale with attention grabbing characters was wonderful, I just wish the story had grabbed me a little harder. To say I didn't enjoy it would be a lie....but I would like to read more by this author. The brilliance in which she paints a picture in your mind was amazing. The sensuality in her love scenes made my tummy flutter.

Ms Barnes, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for your name in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com