Whispering Lake by Jessica Coulter Smith

Story: 7

Presentation: 7

Total: 14

Publisher: Wild Horse Press

Paranormal Romance 222 Pages

To Purchase

Blurb: While on vacation with some friends, Cassie finds herself drawn to a handsome stranger. Hoping she will finally have a shot at a normal life, she allows herself to care for Cole. When things get hot and heavy, Cassie's spectral best friend Matt materializes - literally. Cole is secretly a werewolf... will Cassie be able to handle the truth? Or will the fact that he turns furry turn her off...More importantly, will Cole be able to handle Cassie's psychic abilities? With ghosts popping up here and there, will they have a shot at a real romance?Cassie has a choice to make. Will she choose the hottest werewolf of all, or the ghost of her dreams?

Review: Not a bad story at all. There were times when I felt very torn between the two men in Cassie's life and I didn't really know who to root for. The climax was a little predictable as was most of the build up. Since this is only the first in what appears to be several stories about these folks, I have to say that I am looking forward to reading Cole's story next as I really liked him.

There were some editing issues that I found in the ARC. The editor was emailed and made aware of the issues.

All in All it was a cute read and the characters seemed to have good motivation most of the time. I still had some unanswered questions at the end, but as I said, this appears to be the first of several stories so I assume we will get the answers later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com