Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Story: 10
Presentation: 10
Total score: 20
Publisher St Martins Press
Paranormal Romance
BLURB: The most anticipated story in the blockbuster Dark-Hunter series. The never-before-revealed story of the Dark-Hunter leader, Acheron. He was made human in order to escape death, but in death he was reborn a god. . .

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.

Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.
War has never been more deadly... or more fun.
REVIEW: Speechless!!!!!!!! There are not enough great things I could ever possibly say about this book or the rest of the series that Ms Kenyon has crafted for herself and shares with us. I discovered the Dark Hunter series about two years ago and have been a Kenyon Minion ever since. Without a doubt, this is the hottest, freshest face vampires have ever had. Fun, sexy, deadly and totally appealing, I fall in love a little more with every one I read....again....and again :)
Acheron is a 728 page hard back that includes deleted scenes from some of the other books in the series. I bought it the day after it hit the shelves, cracked the cover as I was walking out of the book store and had it finished less than 16 hours later......and that included the time I had to put it down and catch some sleep because my eyes were burning so bad I couldn't focus on the words anymore. I laughed, I cried, I gasped and I wanted more...more....more...MORE!!!
The largest majority of my hunter collection, both dream and dark, are paperback. Acheron is only one of three hardbacks I have, though I am searching for the rest as I plan to make this collection a permanent fixture in my library.
This is not the typical vampire story. With a heavy dash of mythology, a great spin on Atlantis and love that stands the tests of......well....anything thrown at it.....I have no doubt's Ms Kenyon will be wowing us for a long time to come. At least this fan hopes so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For More Information contact romancereader@ymail.com